Seller Beware of Bassman619

Users involved

Buyer: bassman619.

Seller: csu87. Never come on here, spend my time on CACO, CA.com and DIYMA. Just thought people should know since this is where he has the most activity

Link to original FS thread and/or trade agreement thread:

Original deal details:

He paid 285 for it shipped.

Description of how the deal went bad:

He receives it on 7/5. on 7/13 i get a message saying it doesnt work. As soon as it powers on, it goes to protect. Also says the remote says protect when it turns on. I try to help him with troubleshooting and that goes no where. I tell him ok, ship it back to me and I'll refund you and he says he wont ship before I refund him. He opens a paypal claim on 7/15 without telling me and again, I tell him to ship it back and I'll refund once I get it. He then escalates the claim the same day and this time Paypal tells him to ship the amp back and a refund will be issued once the amp is returned. I receive the amp today, and promptly refund his payment.

So here comes the fun. Got the amp today. Got home after work, hook it up to a battery I've got laying around, wire up a sub and plug my phone in with a 3.5mm to RCA connector and, VIOLA!!! It works.

Screen shots supporting your claims:

Ive got all the PMs and Emails. If needed, I will provide all backup to this.

O yeah, here's a video taken of it working tonight.

Additional info:

Edited by csu87

Well that sucks man. Sounds like he had buyers remorse. Good to see you post up the full details. In the long run I think bassman will be disappointed when nobody wants to ever sell to him. Hope you sent the video to paypal, maybe he will lose his account .

truthsayer

The point is to warn people about his buying practices. If you have no problem with someone buying something from you, claiming its broken, filing paypal claims on your account and then it turns out the item actually works and either the buyer has no idea what they are doing, or had buyers remorse and wanted their money back, then this thread isnt for you.

And I'm not sure how his story could be different. He claimed the amp wasnt working, he filed a paypal claim, and turns out the amp does in fact work.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

csu87, you did the right thing posting this. And I'm sure others will appreciate your post. Others have made these sort of post's before, and most are appreciated for face value. Ahmed seems to have a comprehension issue . Instead of jumping down your throat, he should be thanking you for the heads up.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

truthsayer

I dont know dude but that name looks familiar

uhhhh he sent you the amp back and it works fine

what is your problem?

that he filed a paypal claim or that he would not send it to you until paypal told him too

(which is exactly what I would of done)

Put yourself in his shoes

you get an amp that goes into protect

and the seller says ship it back, then you get your money

That don't sound right to me I would want some kind of guarantee that my cash is being returned upon arrival

Not sure what your issue is but at least you have a working amp and not one that is in protect now

Yeah Im happy I dont have to get it repaired and can sell it again, but I want people who are thinking of selling to him to know this story. I would of rather him realized he was doing something wrong and not automatically assuming it was blown. Then he would still have the amp, and I wouldnt be out the money and now have to try and sell this thing again. And dont forget, I included shipping on this. So I am out the shipping I paid to send it to him.