Sonic Electronix

soundqubed hds208 or others 8s

looking for some input on this sub from soundqubed ( http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS208_p_245.html )

they dont seem to have the xmaxx listed but everything else seams to be great specs looking to do 4 in a ported enclosure

why im asking i because im looking at these or the sundowns (no im not trying to do a vs thread) sundown is 180 for the sa8v2 and this is 120 with the same rms but the SQ^3 has a half in bigger coil so im wanting to know if this sub is worth the money im planning to do a sql type build focusing on 40hz and up (i dont listen to songs that get lower then 35hz or so) im wanting to do 4 8s i currently run 4 10s but i cant properly port it in my application (sealing off the trunk) 8s fit great and i can properly port it but any input on either the sq^3 8 or other 8s that are within the price range of 100-160 would be great looking for 8s that will get fairly "loud" ill be runnin 3k to them thanks for any info!

08 mercury milan

4x FOSGATE R1S4

1X RE AUDIO CTX 3200.1

138DB SEALED

141 OTHERWISE

I'm running a single SQ 8 right now on a 750.1. Trying to get box specs ideal but I'm liking it so far. Build log in my sig, should have some updates this weekend once I shrink the box a little.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I'm running a single SQ 8 right now on a 750.1. Trying to get box specs ideal but I'm liking it so far. Build log in my sig, should have some updates this weekend once I shrink the box a little.

so you think 4 can handle 3k? 600x4 is 2400 i would think it could handle it. im getting a flat responce from 30-70 at 3.0 net @35hz are you shrinking to .75 cubes? what are you tuned to?

08 mercury milan

4x FOSGATE R1S4

1X RE AUDIO CTX 3200.1

138DB SEALED

141 OTHERWISE

As long as you know when your equipment doesn't sound right they should handle a 3k amp just fine. I'm going to shrink it to .8 and see how it does. The sub does seem very musical playing great from 30 all the way up in the 50s.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I've got and SA8v2, haven't yet built it, but I just built one of the sq 8s, ported on the sq750.1 in a WRX, and it's impressive. The SA8v2 is a lot bigger (8-10lbs) and has a lot more motor (and motor force). Can't say anything about the sundown yet, haven't built it, but the 2 subs next to each other, the sundown dwarfs the sound qubed.

As long as you know when your equipment doesn't sound right they should handle a 3k amp just fine. I'm going to shrink it to .8 and see how it does. The sub does seem very musical playing great from 30 all the way up in the 50s.

o yea if my graphs are right then there is very little cutoff until after the 60hz range or so im excited to do this build im just hoping everything works like i think it should but whe does that ever happen lol

08 mercury milan

4x FOSGATE R1S4

1X RE AUDIO CTX 3200.1

138DB SEALED

141 OTHERWISE

I've got and SA8v2, haven't yet built it, but I just built one of the sq 8s, ported on the sq750.1 in a WRX, and it's impressive. The SA8v2 is a lot bigger (8-10lbs) and has a lot more motor (and motor force). Can't say anything about the sundown yet, haven't built it, but the 2 subs next to each other, the sundown dwarfs the sound qubed.

i figured the sundown was bigger can you tell me how they both stack up after you do the build im liking the sq price but im always wanting to hear some good hands on experience with the subs thanks for the comment

08 mercury milan

4x FOSGATE R1S4

1X RE AUDIO CTX 3200.1

138DB SEALED

141 OTHERWISE

Archived