Sundown Audio

Digital Designs M2b Monoblock At Half Ohm?

zZZzzzSnooze

I bin hearing these amps can do Half Ohm daily. So what is on the to do list?

1. Worth it? ... Meaning sure nothing will break?

2. What is the output? ... 3,400W RMS at 0.5 Ohm?

2. Do I up the 200A Fuse? ... Leave it alone?

So 0 gauge with battery close by & DC XP series alternator should have it covered?

vzoXd2t.jpg

had mine for about 8 months at .5 ohms on a single D3100 and a mechman 270A alt, worked awesome, stayed cool as hell, used that thing at .25 ohms for burps no problems at all, i´ve seen people using it at .25 ohms on music for demoing and works great! How much power? i clamped close to 2500 watts from mine at 1 ohm and 13.5v iirc, strong amp for sure!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I find my amp getting hot. hour playing it loud at 1 ohm. Volts stay at 13.6v+... I just put a fan on it, now just gets warm. nothing back there with the amp. Didn't bother clamping it with just a Big 3, one redtop in the engine bay, stock alt. Thinking of putting 3 or 4 USED Odyssey AGM PC1500MST batteries back there closer to the Amp & just keep them on the smart charger when I get home & with no battery in the engine bay, I just want all the power near the amp & don't want to mix batteries. $60 a battery from Kijiji is not bad for one year old. Just a little bit concerned about the starter in the truck. I'm guessing there is a 1000A surge from the starter. shouldn't be more then 250A constant, so hoping that 250A fuse don't pop & starts every time.

had mine for about 8 months at .5 ohms on a single D3100 and a mechman 270A alt, worked awesome, stayed cool as hell, used that thing at .25 ohms for burps no problems at all, i´ve seen people using it at .25 ohms on music for demoing and works great! How much power? i clamped close to 2500 watts from mine at 1 ohm and 13.5v iirc, strong amp for sure!

Archived