Sonic Electronix

What all do I need for a build?

I'll be doing my first build soon and just want to make sure I have everything I need. I'll be running two 4 ohm DC lvl 2 12's wired in parallel to a 1.2k in the trunk of my tercel. I'll build a box. Imma grab a SHCA 4ga OFC Amp kit, 20sq ft of Damplifier annnnnd.... that seems to be it.

Is that all I will need? I have tools and everything, connectors, heatshrink, solder, etc.

The DC site recommends an upgraded battery under the hood and a dash mounted voltage meter. I can most likely swing the battery but probably won't grab the meter. How necessary is it?

Thanks

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

I'd make the wire kit 1/0, so you don't need to upgrade in the future. But you can have a cheap volt meter for $20, won't be as real time as more spendy options but will keep u in the ballpark of where your voltage is roughly at.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

You can go without the meter, it's there to monitor your voltage. Are the subs 10s, 12s, 15s? What headunit are you using? You might want to upgrade your electricals as well, a battery with the big 3 would suffice for your setup.

I just went with 4ga becuase the speaker & power terminals on the 1.2k are 4ga. And I just looked at the SMD volt meter for $100+ and decided I should pass it up.

I should most likely upgrade the battery while I'm at it. Should I do the Big 3 too or would I be fine?

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

You can go without the meter, it's there to monitor your voltage. Are the subs 10s, 12s, 15s? What headunit are you using? You might want to upgrade your electricals as well, a battery with the big 3 would suffice for your setup.

Sorry 12's. HU is a Kenwood KDC-108, has a 2-channel preamp output if thats what you're wondering about. No sub preamp though

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Sorry 12's. HU is a Kenwood KDC-108, has a 2-channel preamp output if thats what you're wondering about. No sub preamp though
I saw that you can switch it to subwoofer mode tho...

I saw that you can switch it to subwoofer mode tho...

I'll fiddle with it on Sat when I get my car back.

Is that everything I need really? Amp kit, Big 3, 1/0-4ga, and a somewhat cheapo volt meter?

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Archived