I humbly request advice for my next wall

Yeah, about that wiring! I realize I made a stupid mistake.

The 4 Subs I have are D2. Which means if I run 3 amps I end up with a 0.5, 2 or 4ohm load on each amp, can't do that. Exactly how do I wire 3 voicecoils to ONE amp? I assume each amp will end up seeing .7ohms right? Sounds like I'd be better off with two more amps, or rethinking the whole rebuild. Shit.

Anyway thanks for bringing this to my Attention though.

Yeah, with your D2 coils 3 coils paralleled to 1 amp = .66ohm Just run speaker wire from each coil to the back and parallel 3 coils per amp.... any of the better "1 ohm stable" amps should drive that no problem. I'd say if your amps don't give you any trouble 1 amp per sub they won't complain one amp per 1.5 subs. Assuming they're same board as Nendo or SQ, or one of the other reputable 3.5K amps.

If you're really worried, buy "Dayton DATS" and run impedance sweep on 3 coils in parallel with subs in the box and see what your impedance curve looks like between 20 and 90hz. I'd bet dollars to donuts those amps wouldn't see below 1 ohm anywhere between 20 and 85hz.

Frankly, I'd be more worried about shorting those subs on airspace trying to stuff 6 into 22-24 cubes, which I'll guess will prove to be a little less once you actually get all the wood and bracing in there.

Archived