ZDudas Posted August 3, 2014 Report Posted August 3, 2014 I am VERY limited on space and I'm looking for more sound than the typical sealed box produces. Is there anyway to mod the sub thump sub box by adding a external PVC port firing towards the passenger side of the truck. This is going under the back seat. Here is the box I am planning on modding: http://subthump.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_72&products_id=382 The sub I am using is a Kicker L7 8 inch sub because of the low mounting depth (4 3/4 inches). Thanks for the help!
philrab Posted August 3, 2014 Report Posted August 3, 2014 No. Your sub's min ported airspace is 0.66 and it looks like your enclosure is .6 before sub displacement. How much power you running? May not be happy with a single 8 even ported. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
ZDudas Posted August 4, 2014 Author Report Posted August 4, 2014 Well I guess I'll try it sealed but don't think I'll be happy
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.