flexinfusion Posted August 5, 2014 Report Posted August 5, 2014 I have a set of rf t1675 components and im wondering what would be the ideal budget amo to run them. And how would I wire the amo to the components. Ive never messed with mids and highs off a amp just subs. 2009 fusion Steeda Mods kenwood DDX418 RF T1675-s Front doors RF T165 Rear doors OLD SETUP: ab XFL 1222Audiopipe 1500d 2.5cu ft 32hz
yurvalentine Posted August 6, 2014 Report Posted August 6, 2014 These are the Power 6.75" comps? They are rated for 100w rms per side, and with those speakers I don't know that I would skimp. I'm not very experienced with many brands but I can't imagine a RF would be bad, especially if you got a Punch or Power series. As for wires I've always just bought kits, they will have everything you need. But it's the same as wiring for a sub amp, just with more speaker wire.
flexinfusion Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 The wiring part I am cunfused about is wiring the tweeters and mids to the amp. Would a 2 or 4 channel work for the front and rear doors. 2009 fusion Steeda Mods kenwood DDX418 RF T1675-s Front doors RF T165 Rear doors OLD SETUP: ab XFL 1222Audiopipe 1500d 2.5cu ft 32hz
yurvalentine Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 The wiring part I am cunfused about is wiring the tweeters and mids to the amp. Would a 2 or 4 channel work for the front and rear doors. That really depends. If you are using the passive crossovers you only need two channels per pair of speakers (you run one crossover per channel, and one mid and one tweeter per crossover.) If you are running them active you will need one channel per mid and one channel per tweeter, which would be two channels per pair of speakers. This is of course assuming you are talking about the Power series components.
flexinfusion Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 Whats passive crossover. And yes I have the power series. 2009 fusion Steeda Mods kenwood DDX418 RF T1675-s Front doors RF T165 Rear doors OLD SETUP: ab XFL 1222Audiopipe 1500d 2.5cu ft 32hz
Stephen13 Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 The T1675 speakers have built in X-overs. What RF refers to as "concealed crossovers”.http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
yurvalentine Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 The T1675 speakers have built in X-overs. What RF refers to as "concealed crossovers. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675 Unless you get the component set (the T1675S), which is what I said I was assuming OP meant by "components".
Stephen13 Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 I took "What passive crossover?" to mean that there was no separate X-over with the speakers. @ OP Come on man! Don't leave out the details. 2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab "Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."
flexinfusion Posted August 7, 2014 Author Report Posted August 7, 2014 Sorry for the left out details but yes I have a seperate crossover and seperate mid driver and tweeter. 2009 fusion Steeda Mods kenwood DDX418 RF T1675-s Front doors RF T165 Rear doors OLD SETUP: ab XFL 1222Audiopipe 1500d 2.5cu ft 32hz
yurvalentine Posted August 7, 2014 Report Posted August 7, 2014 Sorry for the left out details but yes I have a seperate crossover and seperate mid driver and tweeter. Alrighty, then yeah one channel per crossover like I said. Good luck!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.