scooter99 Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 So I recently got a design for a 4th order blow through for 2 15's. Since that has happened some other decisions have been made and the truck I'm going to put these in, has been officially labeled as my "Hobby/Project" truck. So I can do whatever I want with it. Now, I'd like to double it and go 4 15's. My question is, do I need a whole new design spec wise, or can I double the air space, sealed and ported, I have in the current design? Also what about the port? Does the port double or does it need a new port design? Thanks for any help. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
mrd6 Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 Are you doubling power as well? If each sub is still getting the same power then yes, double everything. Airspace as well as port area. Your port depth can stay the same. If you are going with less power you may want to consider a new design My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
scooter99 Posted August 8, 2014 Author Report Posted August 8, 2014 It would probably be less power. I was going to run 1 3500 to each sub, but that will obviously be cut in half if I double the subs. I don't know that I'll be able to afford to go up to 4 3500's, although it would be the plan in the future. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
mrd6 Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 If its ever the plan in the future I would just build for that. Its not like it wont work on less power. There is a just a chance that you could redesign for less power and get more efficiency. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
scooter99 Posted August 8, 2014 Author Report Posted August 8, 2014 I may just do it now too, if I can get the money together. Ok so if I'm planning to be on the same power doubling, then simply doubling the design specs will be fine. And if I understand you correctly, Port is the same thing. Double it as well, but leave the length the same. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
mrd6 Posted August 8, 2014 Report Posted August 8, 2014 Yessir. Your port area doubles, but so does your airspace, so you'll still need the same port length to get the same tuning. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
scooter99 Posted August 8, 2014 Author Report Posted August 8, 2014 Thanks for the help. It made sense to me, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.