Sonic Electronix

Which component is causing this...?

where is your subsonic set at? your amp and sub should be much louder then his. he's running a 4 channel amp... to a pos sub (imo,i bought two so i Can say that. i hate Them!) the mofo can get loud and hit low. i have a feeling you have something that's tuned a Lil off.

I know this sounds absolutely pathetic, but I got the sub off of Craigslist... and... I cannot figure out how to remove the subwoofer from the box. There doesn't appear to be any screws to unscrew or any removable panels to expose screws. Sorry for the absolute inconvenience, but I would like to learn more about what I have.

Also, I will upload pics of my system and gain opinions from those who have time to give them.

Screws should be under the (black/blue) plastic trim around the sub if I recall.

Alright, thanks! I never noticed it. I will look tomorrow to see what ohm it appears to be wired at. I'm hoping it's at 4ohm with a simple fix.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

why do you want it to be wired at 4ohm? if its a dual vc sub then it would have to be a d2 to get a4ohm load. but if it is a d2 Then wire to one ohm and use it!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

t-liens aren't made for handling power. they're made for sounding nice.

t-line is also tuned wrong. it has to be tuned to the FS of the sub which is 29hz

So, the box could actually be a good portion of what is causing the sub to bottom out and sound louder at higher freq.?

Backups:

It is confirmed: it is the DVC 2ohm model of the MOFO-122X. The subwoofer is wired to 1ohm now. Doesn't appear to have changed much. I assume it was already at 1ohm. Also, would getting a ported box be my best bet? I assume ported would be the "loudest" and would stop it from bottoming out on low freq.?

Backups:

t-lines aren't meant to be loud.

if you want to be louder than your current setup, design and build a standard ported box.

This is going to sound foolish, I know lol, but would a switch from T-Line to ported really make a noticeable difference? I am just curious at this point. Thanks for everyone's help and input thus far! Everyone on here has been helpful/kind.

Backups:

You'll notice a big difference in output imo.

Also, like someone else here said, check your subsonic filter on your amp and make sure it's set correctly. If it's set above the frequency you're trying to hit, then you obviously won't be able to hear it. Even with the tune on your T-line, you should hear/feel some of the low bass IF your amp gains are properly set.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Also, like someone else here said, check your subsonic filter on your amp and make sure it's set correctly. If it's set above the frequency you're trying to hit, then you obviously won't be able to hear it. Even with the tune on your T-line, you should hear/feel some of the low bass IF your amp gains are properly set.

i just set the gain to approx. 1/2. And subsonic is set for my current box (32hz). The bass boost (it is also a setting on the amp) is around 1/2 i believe. That is also before i add in the remote bass knob.

Backups:

i just set the gain to approx. 1/2. And subsonic is set for my current box (32hz). The bass boost (it is also a setting on the amp) is around 1/2 i believe. That is also before i add in the remote bass knob.

If you subsonic is set to 32hz then your sub won't be able to produce frequencies lower than 32hz. Lower it ~4-6 hz.

Get rid of bass boost. Causes clipping which could damage your equipment.

Remote bass knob just lets you control your amp's gain based on where your gain is set on the amp. For example: if you set your gain half way (purely for demonstration's sake here) and your bass knob is turned all the way up, it will just use the highest point set on the amp, which in this case would be half way.

Best thing you can do for your gains is get a DD-1 or try to match your gains to the voltage from your radio's pre-amp voltage as best you can gauge it. IMPORTANT: Gain is NOT a "volume" knob.

Hope this helps bud.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)