Sonic Electronix

Which component is causing this...?

I have a subwoofer setup that consists of the following:

SUBWOOFER- 12" Power Acoustik Mofo 122-X (http://poweracoustik.com/store/products/subwoofers/mofo/mofo-122x.html)

BOX- T-Line Ported to 32hz

AMPLIFIER- Soundstream Picasso P1.1200d (http://soundstream.com/store/car-audio/amplifiers/picasso/p1-1200d.html)

I have noticed that on fairly low notes I can hear the bass coming from the subwoofer but don't feel it. My friend has a Rockford Fosgate P3 12" on a JL 300/4 (I'm 99% sure, I know it sounds odd) that actually hits those notes and you can feel it rattle your brain. Mine just seems to make the sound without the actual rumbling. I was curious what I am lacking in my system or what needs changed that will allow me to actually successfully hit those low notes without "bottoming out".

Thanks in advance!

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

Your box. T lines usually need much less power in order to reach a subs limits. Add in that you're playing under tuning and that can bottom out and now a sub

Also probably can't hear the frequencies anyways

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Your box. T lines usually need much less power in order to reach a subs limits. Add in that you're playing under tuning and that can bottom out and now a sub

Also probably can't hear the frequencies anyways

So you're saying I should switch to a new box (such as a ported box) and that may prevent it from bottoming out so easy? Also, will switching to a ported box really add an increase in volume from the sub? Just curious and would like to know for personal information gain! ^_^

Backups:

Unless you both drive the same car with the same stuff in the trunk and the same fabric on the seats and have the same amount of occupants and have the trunk open/closed as your friend did you can't compare 2 things like that, there are too many variables at play.

Can you try your friends sub and box in your vehicle? If you still get that rumble you want out of your friends setup in your vehicle, than buy what your friend has.

Unless you both drive the same car with the same stuff in the trunk and the same fabric on the seats and have the same amount of occupants and have the trunk open/closed as your friend did you can't compare 2 things like that, there are too many variables at play.

Can you try your friends sub and box in your vehicle? If you still get that rumble you want out of your friends setup in your vehicle, than buy what your friend has.

I absolutely understand what you mean by proving that we don't have the same cars, etc. BUT, his is substantially louder. There is nearly no comparison it seems.

Backups:

Then just swap subs with ur buddy for a day. Test out his sub/box setup. If u like, then buy something similar and build a similar box. The tools to answer ur question are sitting right in front of you. Go test them out and report back.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

where is your subsonic set at? your amp and sub should be much louder then his. he's running a 4 channel amp... to a pos sub (imo,i bought two so i Can say that. i hate Them!) the mofo can get loud and hit low. i have a feeling you have something that's tuned a Lil off.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

What's your sub wired to? Make sure it's wired to 1 ohm not 4?

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

where is your subsonic set at? your amp and sub should be much louder then his. he's running a 4 channel amp... to a pos sub (imo,i bought two so i Can say that. i hate Them!) the mofo can get loud and hit low. i have a feeling you have something that's tuned a Lil off.

I know this sounds absolutely pathetic, but I got the sub off of Craigslist... and... I cannot figure out how to remove the subwoofer from the box. There doesn't appear to be any screws to unscrew or any removable panels to expose screws. Sorry for the absolute inconvenience, but I would like to learn more about what I have.

Also, I will upload pics of my system and gain opinions from those who have time to give them.

Backups:

I know this sounds absolutely pathetic, but I got the sub off of Craigslist... and... I cannot figure out how to remove the subwoofer from the box. There doesn't appear to be any screws to unscrew or any removable panels to expose screws. Sorry for the absolute inconvenience, but I would like to learn more about what I have.

Also, I will upload pics of my system and gain opinions from those who have time to give them.

Screws should be under the (black/blue) plastic trim around the sub if I recall.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Archived