Sonic Electronix

Which component is causing this...?

This is he current dimensions of my box. I have been told that the box is much too small. What would you guys suggest that I change each dim. to? The manufacturer recommends 1.5cu ft. sglvdw.jpg

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

i don't know about you guys but for a noob i like this kid. he asks a question gets a answer and doesn't say were wrong or how he's right because...

anyway, if your box is tuned at 32hz And your subsoic is at 32hz at lets say a -12db slope then at 36hz it will already start cutting power. thats why allot of us set the subsonic 3-5hz lower then the tuning. that ex isn't fact for all amps but a good starting point.

but a new box, a good box will help! boxes are more important then the amp or sub!

again i know its been said but gain does not equal volume! and never... ever... ever run bass boost!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i don't know about you guys but for a noob i like this kid. he asks a question gets a answer and doesn't say were wrong or how he's right because...

anyway, if your box is tuned at 32hz And your subsoic is at 32hz at lets say a -12db slope then at 36hz it will already start cutting power. thats why allot of us set the subsonic 3-5hz lower then the tuning. that ex isn't fact for all amps but a good starting point.

but a new box, a good box will help! boxes are more important then the amp or sub!

again i know its been said but gain does not equal volume! and never... ever... ever run bass boost!

Thanks AJ11! I'm really just trying to upgrade what I have and expand knowledge! And I'm trying to find the "cheapest" yet most effective route due to the fact that I work at a pizza place. They don't tend to pay all too much! haha

Backups:

box seems to be too small i had a mofo on a 3 cubic feet box on about 1000 rms and it was pretty loud it sure got stinky but it was still pretty loud.

i've noticed that mine also has it's own smell. It doesnt smell like its burning but it has a smell somehow

That smell is most likely (98% chance) your subwoofer's coil burning. You need to tune your gain like I explained earlier in the thread. If you don't, say goodbye to that sub. You shouldn't be smelling anything after the first week or so of playing your sub after it's brand new.

As for the sub box, I totally agree with these guys. A well designed/tuned ported box will make your sub come to life. Build your own for sure. All you need is a drill, router or jigsaw, and some glue. You can get your wood cut at home depot or lowes (or your local lumber yard) when you buy it; just provide them with your box's cut sheet. Try to use 3/4" birch plywood if you can since it is much lighter than MDF.

As for the box design, you can post a thread in here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/11-subwoofers-enclosures/ asking the guys for a design. There's lots of helpful individuals on this forum that would be happy to design a box for you or at least help you design your own/steer you in the right direction. There's a lot to it so don't feel too overwhelmed. Just take it one step at a time.

Cheers!

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

This is he current dimensions of my box. I have been told that the box is much too small. What would you guys suggest that I change each dim. to? The manufacturer recommends 1.5cu ft. sglvdw.jpg

before.we change anything you need to Take measurements of your trunk. that way you know it will fit

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

before.we change anything you need to Take measurements of your trunk. that way you know it will fit

give me 15 minutes. I'll be back with the trunk dim.

Backups:

box seems to be too small i had a mofo on a 3 cubic feet box on about 1000 rms and it was pretty loud it sure got stinky but it was still pretty loud.

i've noticed that mine also has it's own smell. It doesnt smell like its burning but it has a smell somehow

That smell is most likely (98% chance) your subwoofer's coil burning. You need to tune your gain like I explained earlier in the thread. If you don't, say goodbye to that sub. You shouldn't be smelling anything after the first week or so of playing your sub after it's brand new.

As for the sub box, I totally agree with these guys. A well designed/tuned ported box will make your sub come to life. Build your own for sure. All you need is a drill, router or jigsaw, and some glue. You can get your wood cut at home depot or lowes (or your local lumber yard) when you buy it; just provide them with your box's cut sheet. Try to use 3/4" birch plywood if you can since it is much lighter than MDF.

As for the box design, you can post a thread in here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/11-subwoofers-enclosures/ asking the guys for a design. There's lots of helpful individuals on this forum that would be happy to design a box for you or at least help you design your own/steer you in the right direction. There's a lot to it so don't feel too overwhelmed. Just take it one step at a time.

Cheers!

the gain is down. Haven't noticed any smell since, yet.

Backups:

The trunk is: Trunk_Dim.jpg

Backups:

is that what you can ACTUALLY fit though? make a cardboard box with those dimensions and see if you can fit it in the trunk without bending the cardboard.

No sir, that is the actual dimensions of the trunk. Someone asked for dimensions of the trunk itself.

On a new box, I can probably add 2-3in height. 9-12in width. and probably 8in depth.

SO that would mean, the box could probably be ~19in tall, ~30in wide, ~21in depth.

Backups:

Archived