Sonic Electronix

So guys here's the deal. I've been into car audio since I got my first truck and have finally decided after many "store" installs I'm going to try my hand at it. I'm confident in my skills as far as building goes and have many of the tools already (still building my router table) but what I need is advice and help that I know so many of you posses. So here's what I got and what I want. 96 tahoe that I already have installed my pioneer avic 700bt in as well as a pair of hybrid audio 6.5 powered by a audison srx4.I also have a pair of audiobahn aw1000q powered by a rf p600bd1. I recently lucked up on a set of jl 12w7 and need help with amp selection and box ideas. I want a top load rear port box and some ideas for front door pods. Any and all help would be awesome!

P.s. I know they're audiobahn but they get down for what they are and a ported 32Hz box don't hurt either lol

Just a bit of general advice for a first install, coming from a guy that did his first baby install almost fifteen years ago.

Make EVERYTHING durable. No shortcuts on wiring. Shroud, secure, zip tie all your wiring. Also, fuse ALL power wires. Taking a shortcut here will eventually lead to you calling the fire department, and the best gear ain't worth shit if your electrical isn't solid.

Take your time. Getting in a rush leads to screw ups. I know that temptation will be there to hurry up and hear it, but there's a difference between putting in work and cutting corners.

Know how to recognize when you're in over your head, and don't be too bull-headed to ask for help. Dad always said he was a good mechanic because he knew when to call in a better one. Good advice.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Sounds like your dad was a very smart man! Ya my electric is first priority! Big 3,1/0 as much as possible. I'm not going super big with this build but I play my shit everyday so it's gotta be bulletproof! The box design is gonna be a challenge but I got space so hopefully won't be much of a problem. Hopefully. I've never had JL before and I've heard they can be picky so I'm mindful of that as well.

So I got my w7s today and they are in great shape for only 200 bucks!!! Box was shit but wasn't going to use it anyways. I'm also trying my hand at sketchup so we will see how that goes. Ordering wire next week and hopefully I can make my mind up on a amp soon. I've narrowed it down to the ct 1400.1 or dc 3.5k. Any opinions either way? As usual thanks guys for any input it's all appreciated

Ya sorry bout the typo I meant the dc 1.2k. They are roughly the same price. I know I can only go down to 1.5ohm with 2 w7s and would have to add another to get to 1 but can I run either of these with them wired 1.5?

Archived