Sundown Audio

Is there really this big of an increase in quality?

dawgs007

I recently acquired a Rockford Prime R1200.1D to power two 12 P3's. In the past, I had a Soundstream Picasso P1.1200D powering a 12" Power Acoustik Mofo. Since acquiring my new system, I have noticed MASSIVE increases in efficiency when it comes to voltage used. On my old Soundstream setup, my lights would dim on fairly light bass hits and would really dim on hard hits. On my new RF amp, the bass seems to hit much harder and I appear to get zero light dimming at all, even on much stronger hits.

Could this really be due to RF's "ultra-efficient" design of the R1200.1D? Or am I missing something? The subwoofers are both wired to the same Ohm's.

Thanks in advance!

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

IMO the Rockford is a better amp :shrug:

Oh, I fully agree. No doubt about it. But since they're "rated" the same RMS, could efficiency of the RF really be that much greater? Or is that what judges the voltage use of amps?

Backups:

Better amp, but at the same time it should also be using more current draw as it'll do rated and the odds are the soundstream didn't... Is it possible you were clipping that soundstream and aren't the rockford?

Better amp, but at the same time it should also be using more current draw as it'll do rated and the odds are the soundstream didn't... Is it possible you were clipping that soundstream and aren't the rockford?

To be completely honest, I am probably clipping the Rockford's 100x more than I did with the Soundstream. I had all the settings on the Soundstream low, while the RF's settings are all fairly high. Ashamed to say. :fool:

Backups:

To be completely honest, I am probably clipping the Rockford's 100x more than I did with the Soundstream. I had all the settings on the Soundstream low, while the RF's settings are all fairly high. Ashamed to say. :fool:

If you know your settings and dials are jacked up, why not set them properly? What do you have all of your dials set at?

If you know your settings and dials are jacked up, why not set them properly? What do you have all of your dials set at?

Give me a moment, I'll go look. And please, don't assume I'm a complete and total idiot lol, I just installed it 2 days ago and wanted to here it at "full potential".

Backups:

Give me a moment, I'll go look. And please, don't assume I'm a complete and total idiot lol, I just installed it 2 days ago and wanted to here it at "full potential".

No assumptions made, just curiosity. But cranking that gain isn't doing you any good at all. It shows you in Ohio, depending on where you're at you may be within throwing range to a member with a DD1 that'll lend you a hand in getting set properly.

The settings on the amp are:

Gain: 5/11

Infrasonic: ~25hz

Freq Hz: ~60hz

Punch Eq: ~45%

I 80% of the time have the remote gain knob all the way at min. it only moves when it goes to MAX, and it only stays at max for <30 seconds.

Backups:

Somehow posted twice.

Backups:

Archived