Second Skin Audio

Carpet around port??

dsw422

You could always fold them into the port about an inch all around, and then put a little 'glass resin on it?

Also be careful what you put CA glue on. Likes to cause exothermic reactions with some materials (ask my jeans)

lol, i use a test peice first..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

I should've specified better.

Fiberglass resin.

i understood, but i dont have it in my budget for some resin.. plus i dont want the carpet too far into the port( no more than 1/4")..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

If you don't want to do a trim piece, I'd say staples, then very carefully with a fine brush paint the exposed edges black or charcoal to match the carpet.

Could wrap the carpet into the port just the thickness of the wood and staple inside the port (if you have enough room to.) They'd be less obvious there.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

what i will be doing is sticking my port out from the baffle about 1/8" paint that area and then neatly trim around it.

Another suggestion (assuming you have not built it yet) construct a trim panel to go around the port(make sure you factor this into your port length).

do something like that for both your port and sub(s) and then attach them after you have your carpet down. It will not only help keep your carpet down but also set your box apart from most with a custom look.

Archived