Second Skin Audio

Carpet around port??

dsw422

hey guys.. quick question..

What is the best way to make sure carpet dont try and come up when it is cut on the edges of the port??

The box is for 2 10's, port on the right side..

any special glueing techniques for area like that??

thanks guys

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Well I would think that the best way to do it would have been to rabbit a very tiny groove around the inside of the baffle around the port to tuck the carpet into, but if you have already assembled your best bet would probably just be to use a high quality carpet that doesn't fray too bad and make sure that you apply enough glue and do it properly. You could also make a small trim piece to go around the port and hold the carpet down, but personally I don't really care for the look of those too much.

On the other hand you could always not carpet all the way to the port. I have seen a lot of people do that and leave a couple inches around it which they end up painting.

when I first started building enclosures I had this issue. I've learned you need to give the glue time to fully cure. I use both 3M Super 90 and Dap Weldwood.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

pretty low power.. about 500 watts max.. just want to make sure box stays looking good around port for a long time..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Well I would think that the best way to do it would have been to rabbit a very tiny groove around the inside of the baffle around the port to tuck the carpet into, but if you have already assembled your best bet would probably just be to use a high quality carpet that doesn't fray too bad and make sure that you apply enough glue and do it properly. You could also make a small trim piece to go around the port and hold the carpet down, but personally I don't really care for the look of those too much.

On the other hand you could always not carpet all the way to the port. I have seen a lot of people do that and leave a couple inches around it which they end up painting.

Box isn't put together yet.. what size rabit do u think? i dont like the trim peices either.. and i have thought about not carpeting to the port, but then i would have a couple corners of the box where carpet would stop

when I first started building enclosures I had this issue. I've learned you need to give the glue time to fully cure. I use both 3M Super 90 and Dap Weldwood.

im gonna use the 3m super 77.. ive used a couple times..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Sry, but hot glue just don't sound very viable... but thanks anyway

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco