6.5" comp. passive crossover

couchlockd

got a component set, the crossover is kinda confusing me a little.

it goes like this

- + - + + - + +

IN 3kHz pass 0db -3db

AMP LP full

woofer

so does this mean that i hook the Pos. of the woofer to the +3kHz LP and it will cross it @ 3kHz down.??

and the other connection will make the woofer play full range?

ime pretty sure i got it, but want to make sure.

the highs are earthquake Vtec 62's 6.5" components.

a RF p400x4 will be running these and identicle vtec 6x9s

Is this is what you are referring to?

• Low Mids — The midrange between 250Hz and 2000Hz contains the low order harmonics of most musical instruments and can introduce a telephone-like quality to the music if boosted too much. Boosting the 500Hz to 1000Hz octave makes the instruments sound horn-like, while boosting the 1kHz to 2kHz octave makes them sound tinny. Excess output in this range can cause listening fatigue.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
• High Mids — The upper midrange between 2kHz and 4kHz can mask the important speech recognition sounds if boosted, introducing a lisping quality into a voice and making sounds formed with the lips such as “m,” “b” and “v” indistinguishable. Too much boost in this range — especially at 3kHz — can also cause listening fatigue. Dipping the 3kHz range on instrument backgrounds and slightly peaking 3kHz on vocals can make the vocals audible without having to decrease the instrumental level in mixes where the voice would otherwise seem buried.

I am just scratching the surface on what these frequencies mean.

This must be the same as my JL XR crossovers.

They have a high,normal, and low MID setting. You can definitely hear the difference.

So I would say that +3Khz will bring out the vocals the same way the HIGH MIDS did on the XR.

IMAG0060-1_zpsc9bc6e3c.jpg

As far as the full range, I doubt it is full (unfiltered), it's probably the NORMAL range for the woofer to play in.

-Frank

Archived