Second Skin Audio

2 10s in a 4th with passive radiators

WadeTustian

What's not the same?

The work I'm referring to is for design, tuning, and rebuild. If the goal really just is to avoid port noise entirely, I stand by my statement that regular sealed would be the way to go, it is easier...I mean, that is assuming a properly designed vented is out lol.

A sealed box for 2 15s or 18s is going to work at least as well as the PR bandpass idea.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is very cool. But knowing Wade personally, I don't think its really worth the effort for the chance to build another fail box :/

i never built my box. but when i threw the ideas up. i was planning on competing in spl with completely different equipment and then i totalled my car so i was just glad this box fit. box that i have now sounds great for daily. when the seats are down i do get port noise so it pisses me off but it was more designed for a flat bandwidth which it does good. BUT i want something a bit louder! rebuild time

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

Rebuild with a simple bass reflex box, like was suggested in your other thread. The lay bandpass(which I sold to a local guy after I ran it in my truck for a month), was a 4th order bandpass(like yours) for a single 10" Fosgate P2. My box had 36" of port for that one sub. If I remember correctly, you're somewhere near that for both subs. My designed also took into effect that it was for a sub with relatively low Xmax. Your SA10s have higher Xmax and would require a bit more per sub than my Fosgate did.

If you really want to do bandpass again, scrap the box you have/had with plexiglass and is nice and pretty. Build a bandpass with 100" of port(much much closer to what the subs want and need in bandpass) and I'll GUARANTEE happiness and no port noise.

Sorry for the long response but I never gave you REAL advice before. My personal opinion is to just build a very basic ported enclosure, firing forward into the cabin with an aerport or a could of them. Seal of the edges around where the box fits into the opening into the cabin so it's airtight from the trunk. I can promise satisfaction if you do this the right way. It's a pretty surefire way to make a Mazda3 sound good and loud. ElFlako17 has a damn nice setup and he's pretty loud. The guy that built his car knows his stuff as well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived