Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited Build - First System


andrew-fgcu

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone,

So it's finally time I decided to get my first sound system. Right now I'm driving a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with the upgraded Infinity sound system (nothing special, it comes upgraded when you buy the car). I've been doing some research and have been really interested in the Sundown Audio Subwoofers. I'm open to other brands - I just want to hear your guys' opinions on what subs, box, wires, and amps you think would work best with my Jeep. I'm really looking for a system that will "bang" and turn some heads.

A few things to note is I'm in college currently so I don't have all the money in the world but I will pay for quality. It's my first system so I haven't had time to fool around with different types of subs. Another thing is my Jeeps trunk area is pretty big so it could fit a big box, however I need some trunk space as I do play sports and need to fit my gym/hockey bag. What subs (2-12's or 1-15)/what amp/and box specs do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a solid setup to start up with and get it professionally installed at a local shop.

In addition, what do you guys recommend for the best tune for a box? I really like low bass, but still have good sound quality.

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks!

Posted

God...where to start lol.

Honestly there are too many brands to say what is best, it mostly comes down to personal preference. And budget. My best recommendation is try to find some people in the area that have systems and check them out, see what you like.

And yea, I know it sucks to be told that. But you just dove headfirst into the ocean...you're gunna have to learn to swim.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...