New Digital Designs VO series.

206xtreme

In responce to the article Digital Designs announced on their website regarding the upgrade of their loudspeakers series VO which can be found here, and since the new ones still haven't shown up here in Europe (as I was told) let alone Greece.... I would like to ask anyone that has tested them for his opinion and the comparisons with the old ones or other competitive loudspeakers (ex. Beyma).

What I really care about, is the sensitivity and the clarity of the sound when receiving much of power. The previous series, couldn't handle excessive overpower and as a result the sound was very fuzzy. (I was powering over 1500 watt rms per 5 mids).

They also had issues to handle the overpower which lead to damages and fried voice coils.

So any experience (with the new ones) is very welcome and very interesting.

We expect them to show up more or less in the Christmas period, so I would like to know if I will put my previous ones for sale or keep them.

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Great. I am looking forward for your opinions on the subject. I was thinking to switch to Beyma 8m100 or Cadence (the new ZRS, showed up in Greece) which is a very good copy of the Beyma. But first I want to read experiences of others on the subject.

Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate

Great. I am looking forward for your opinions on the subject. I was thinking to switch to Beyma 8m100 or Cadence (the new ZRS, showed up in Greece) which is a very good copy of the Beyma. But first I want to read experiences of others on the subject.

The VO is ape shit loud. I dont know about the ones you listed but i do know the VO kicks the crescendos ass in loudness.

Believe me it's not enough for me. Compared to Beyma 8m100 and 8m100/ND it's not loud enough. I hope the new DD's can challenge the Beyma's.

Beyma is more sensitive than DD and can handle much more watts to deliver clear sound while to DD loses control.

Ok, let me rephrase. The DD is more "sensitive" compared to the Beyma when playing on few watts. If you have a 2x50rms amplifier, according to my tests, the DD will perform better.

When powering both speakers with many watts (over 250rms per speaker), the DD loses control and confuses the sounds. The Beyma has better clarity. Seems that the DD, can't handle this power and often damages occur.

Transition to Beyma is not easy. I'm kind of dedicated to DD. And of course I need over 1500 euro ($1900) to change all my mids.

So I hope for a better performance on the new series VO. :nuts:

Archived