Sonic Electronix

mind just went blank i was wondering if i had this right (2) 4 ohm SVC mids wired + + - - to one channel and another (2) 4 ohm SVC mids wired ++ -- to the other channel would that put it at 4 ohm or still keep the speakers at 2 ohm?? and what if i bridge the 2 channel amp, i would - have to wire the speakers + to - ,+-

like this what would be right?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=4&woofer_imp=1

Two 4 ohm wired in parallel drops to 2 ohms...(pos to pos, neg to neg) so yours would be at 2 ohms...

Bridging will combine both channels doubling the power...and the wiring depends if you want the speakers at 1, 2, or 4 ohms...

What kind of amp and speakers?

right now i had it hooked up to a 2 channel dhd 1000 amp not bridged, speakers pos pos neg neg and have a pos and a neg on each channel im getting another amp for total of 4 speakers just wondering if ill blow the speakers or mess something up running it that way i link i posted will drop the 4 mids to 4 ohm total so if i run the amp bridged it will be 4 ohm bridged right? im getting rid of this amp to get a higher quality amp for my mids just wondering if i should stay 2 channel or get a 4 channel???

i wanna keep my speakers running (4) 4 ohm mids but im upgrading my amp and the mid speakers are 100 RMS so i need 400 RMS i need a amp to run that either 2 channel or 4 channel what ever would work the best for what im doing

right now i had it hooked up to a 2 channel dhd 1000 amp not bridged, speakers pos pos neg neg and have a pos and a neg on each channel im getting another amp for total of 4 speakers just wondering if ill blow the speakers or mess something up running it that way i link i posted will drop the 4 mids to 4 ohm total so if i run the amp bridged it will be 4 ohm bridged right? im getting rid of this amp to get a higher quality amp for my mids just wondering if i should stay 2 channel or get a 4 channel???

Right now your speakers are wired at 2ohms...bridging will not change the impedance...it will add power to it...for example 50 watts rms a channel...bridging it will double that so 100 watts rms bridged..

I would get a 4 channel amp just to make things easier to wire...since the speakers are 4 ohms...one speaker per channel at 4 ohms...but if you decide to get a 2 channel amp...then you would wire one pair of speakers in series and the other pair in series also to give you an 8ohm load, then wire both pair together in parallel to give you a final load of 4 ohms...then you would wire them to the amp bridged....let me know if this makes sense to you?

Archived