is this normal ??

hi guys ,

I have just put in my new singer 220 alternator, when I start the car the voltge sits at around 12.6 volts but when I go above 2000 rpm it jumps to 14.6/8 .

also I am still running 1600 watts for the next week or so until I make my new box , but still getting voltage drop to the low 13s .

once I install my rf t2500, which will take me up to over double the power I am running at the moment, wont it get worse ??

I only have an xs d1200 at the moment but getting a d3100 next week .

thanks

alternator pulley needs to be smaller. the pulley is not spinning the alternator fast enough at idle to "turn it on" or get any decent output from it. its a problem with some high output alternators.

contact singer and tell him your issue he should be able to help you out and fix your issue.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived