Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I'm not new to car audio but I'm new to upper end car audio. I have a 95' Mercury Sable running Kicker 6 1/2's up from, Kicker 6x8's in the rear deck along with two 12" 2010 CVR's in the factory pre-loaded enclosure. The interior is powered off of an Alpine 50x4 (F300 I believe) and the 12's are on an Alpine Xpower 1000. I have posted already that I'll be upgrading hopefully this coming spring. Here's my question for some of the pro's on here. Right now I listen to every kind of music but my main two genres are Death/Black Metal and Rap/Electronic bass. The issue I'm having is for the rap and bass music everything sounds great. Crisp and not muddy but, when I try to listen to Death metal the mids and highs literally sound like a sloppy soup. I've tried turning the subs down that isn't it. I've tried fiddling with the EQ and nothing seems to help. There are major musical details that literally just disappear. The only way I can describe it is the notes and sounds of the mids and highs just sound like they are all just slopped on top of each other. Now when I hear the same song on say my brothers factory system in his Suzuki Kizashi I hear every guitar rift, bass rift, snare and it all sounds clear and separate from one another. Just looking for some thoughts on why this does was it does. Like I said electronic and rap clean clear and separate sounds great. Rock it sounds so damn muddy and piled on itself you almost can't listen to it at any high volume at all.

2005 Ford Five Hundred

1 EMF Banhammer 15"

Orion XTR 4000.1

Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel

Pioneer AVH-X3800BT

What sort of hu our u running. I'm in same boat as u musical I listen to techno , rap, alternative, classic rock, and death metal, Black metal depending on my mood. Hard to get your system to sound good and clean over a broad spectrum of music. Better speakers and a good sound hu and sound processor. And lots of tuning.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

I'm running an older Pioneer think she's a 5900 series. It's the first gen that came with the big knob to the left and actual graphics on the screen instead of the alarm clock dashes. It's an amazing head unit. I wish I could record it so you guys could hear what I'm talking about. I just can't believe how muddy the mids and highs get at high volume. Deck and both amps are set with a DD-1 as well so I know it's not a clipping/distortion issue with the amps.

2005 Ford Five Hundred

1 EMF Banhammer 15"

Orion XTR 4000.1

Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel

Pioneer AVH-X3800BT

I f I where u I would upgrade your hu and upgrade your front speakers to a good set of components up front and should be a great improvement of sound. Hi is most important thing in system and also source music on how well it's recorded. Bad or low quality recording will sound muddy regardless.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived