Sonic Electronix

Good evening, my underseat truck setup finally kicked the bucket so I'm going to finally upgrade like I've been wanting to, doing a budget friendly soundqubed setup to match what I have now, (SQ amps and highs and mids) I drive a 2002 F150 supercrew (4 door, 5.5 foot bed) too and powering low end stage off an SQ 2200d.

My questions are:

1. Is a regular ported blowthrough possible with 4 15's ? All I see are 4th or 6th orders around (trust me I have searched a lot) My goals are to be loud, low and clean. I modeled different enclosures with WinISD and I get the best response with a ported box versus a 4th order (probably because of the stupid high QTS).

2. Is a clamshell applicable if turned on it's side? I would like to like to take

3. If facing eachother, does each sub need a big angle or will a straight, firing at eachother enclosure do as in Jason Myer's truck (just picked something everybody on this forum should know about)

4.My limitations are that I want to cut as little bed as possible, to only used half of my bed in a blowtrough, My max dimensions are 60x20x36 inches *not including wheel well displacement which is 1.19 cubes)

5. My drawn up WinISD enclosure is 8 sealed, 12 ported for 4 soundqubed HDS215's, tuned to 44 HZ with 195 sq in of port, of an AQ 2200d... Any thoughts? Models nice but 4 of them ported tuned to 32 hz in a 14 cube box for some reason play lower and higher notes better, not sure what I'm doing wrong, or am I doing wrong at all?

Done lots of research but I would love to see these answered by some seasoned players

Team Lethal Pressure Vice-President

2002 Ford F-150 Supercrew

-Taramps DSP 3000 (subs)

-Taramps DSP 1600 (mids)

-8 Skar Audio FSX Mids

-4 Skar Audio VX35-ST Super Tweets

-85' of 1/0 EB Flex Welding Cable

-XS D3400 under the hood

-Datasafe 12HX505-FR in the rear (110 ah)

-Pioneer AVH-2700BS

-2 Soundqubed HDS315's

-4th order Blowthrough

-100 Sq. feet of deadener (Qmat, GP STFU, Noico)

-147.8 @ 40 Hz

-Top 5 in 904 SPL Outlaw's Walled List

-Rebuild on the way

Archived