Jump to content

Audio Display Board Switch LED's


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm putting our audio display together for our shop and have run into an issue with the new switches we had to order. This is a second-hand Audio Authority system where we did not receive all of the original switches. Now, the original switches had smaller LED's for illumination. These are two-wire switches. The voltage coming form the boards is 4.5-5VDC when the switch is closed.

Now, the newer switches are cosmetically identical, except the bulbs being used look like 197 bulbs, and are 12VDC bulbs. I do not have a lot of knowledge on automotive bulbs or LED's. What I am looking for, or hope that exists is a white bulb that would plug directly into this slot and illuminate with 4-6VDC.

I assume I will need to go the LED route, but still have no idea where to go. I have been searching Google for a bit to no avail.

The older switches are the two pictured on the left. The new switch style is on the right.

20141016_184949_zpseklkni0t.jpg

20141016_185014_zpsisimlps4.jpg

20141016_185027_zpsb0ochts9.jpg

20141016_185036_zpsld3gg5yx.jpg

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Posted

i bet the 194 LED would work. At 5v they might not be as bright but LED's seem to be very forgiving when working at different voltage. I would try some of these maybe?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-1-led-wedge-base/197/

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide


Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2466 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...