dd1 and saz 1500d

Ok so just set a friends saz 1500 on two x12's. I set the amp using the dd1 with the 40hz -10db track. Now just playing regular hip-hop the amps remote has a clipping light and its blinking on every hard bass hit. Should we turn down the gain use the track -5db? Idk how accurate that clipping light is.

if you used the -10db you could be clipping if the music is louder than -10db.

edit:

find a -7.5db 40hz track and set with it. I feel -5 is too low and -10 is too much.

Edited by strangeduck

It's not the subs that are the issue. It's your signal. If you introduce music that is at all clipped or dirty, you can run info issues with that overlap.

Also, don't judge life by a clip light on a bass knob. It's not necessarily accurate, many aren't.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So -10db your at say 90% chance of clipping on most any music? I dont understand how the -10db is a staple as a compromise then.

No, I wouldn't say anything like "90%". Where do you get your music and what bit rate file do you choose to download. If the music is dirty, it's dirty. An amplifier can only amplify the signal it's given. Dirty in, dirty out. The more aggressive the overlap, the more pronounced the clipping.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.