So first of all I get off work at 6am hurry home go to bed so I can wake up at 1pm and go a couple towns over to pick up a free couch for my step children that are moving out next week.

All good, got the couch, some groceries for a dinner my wife is going to cook before I go to work @ 6pm and, and a blended Carmel Blondie from Blackrock coffee.

As I'm driving home, stereo wasn't on, I lose power steering and the battery light comes on. I'm thinking shit I've lost my belt. So, with no where to pull over with a trailer, and a couple of sharp corners coming up; I power through them and get to the race track which is the only place close with a place to pull off. As I turn in my truck goes into limp mode because it was getting hot. Lucky.

I get out and open the hood and what do I see? My alt sitting on top of my water pump pully. As I have a WTF moment I notice that one of the lower mounting bolts is broken. That is odd I think. Then I have yet another WTF moments when I notice the other lower bolt is also broken.

I sit there in mass confusion for a few and start thinking about whats next. I have to go to work soon, its going to downpour enough that i might just drown, and WTF am I going to do to fix this?

I make the call to good old dad and ask him to bring me some tools. Then, while I'm waiting I used what tools I did have with me to start taking the alt out and unraveling my belt.

So i'm trying to figure out what happened here. On my 5.4 the alt sits right in the valley of the motor. Easy access but not all that much stability since the two mounting bolts hold the alt from the front and the the only rear support it has is an adjustable bracket that Mechman sent me when I bought it. My only guess is that one of the bolts worked its way out and with the way the belt pulls the alt forward it broke it; and sense I found the a piece of bolt behind my water pump pulley I figured that's what put enough pull on it to break the other.

So dad come's with tools I needed. I get the whole thing apart and luckily the bolts go through the bracket with enough room behind it to get the two broken bolts out with channel locks. We go get new bolts, in the nick of time mind you, and get back and get everything back together.

I fire the truck up and gaze hopefully up to my VM-1, WTF, its sitting @ 11.9. Great now I fucked up my alt that took me forever to buy in the first place. So with no other choice after trying a couple things I drive it home with nothing on. At least it wasn't dark yet.

So right before I rush to work late, I remember the two main fuses on the fire and test the one for the battery/alt. WTF? No voltage through it.

So now I sit at work (I know, working hard huh?) stewing about whether it is just the fuse or have I gone and fucked it up.

6am can't get here soon enough.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Archived