window tint. NC car inspection how to pass?

Ok so on my car i have 28% tint the shop that all ways passed me closed. How could i get pasded now? I have heard that the law does not say you must have windows or even working windows so couldn't i just roll them down unplug them and say they dont work and pass?

Thats not gonna work because you can't roll down your back windshield, lol. The inspection places I have been to use a meter that is just stuck to the window so it doesnt have to even be rolled down which means they could check your back windshield. The law in nc for a car is 32 percent all around but i do believe it can legally read as low as 28 so you ought to be fine. If I were you I would just pull up to a shop and tell them the truth about the window tint ask them to not inspect the car but use their meter to check your windows so you know if you can actually pass inspection. If they say it will pass you're good, if it won't pass have it peeled or good look finding someone to do it. Inspectors use to not care and pass people if you would duke them a $20 to overlook the tint because if they got caught by authorities the shop got fined, now the inspectors are being fined so it's no longer worth the risk to them.

Archived