Jump to content

Power supply issue?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Awhile back I built a pc, moved, sold it to my roommate, moved back, he sold it back to me... I've had it now for about 8 months. Recently started playing css again. Under stress the pc restarts itself. At first I thought it was the gfx card because the first time it did it, the monitor said no signal but the pc was "on." By "on" I mean fans running and lights on. Turned it off then back on, opened css and connected to a server, was just sitting on the page to select which team and the pc restarted... did some research and i think I've narrowed it down to the psu. How do I go about deciding on the right psu?

The system

Amd Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor dual core 3.0ghz socket am2 125w processor

g skill 4gb (2x2gb) 240-pin ddr2 sdram ddr2 800 (pc2 6400) dual channel

500 gb hd

Asus m4a785-m am3/am2+/am2 amd 785g hdmi micro atx amd motherboard

Nvidia GeForce gtx 550 ti

my buddy says the psu that is currently in it is 550 watts, I don't know anything else about it

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

.

.

.

.

15 seconds pass

.

.

.

.

.

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Posted

bump

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

.

.

.

.

15 seconds pass

.

.

.

.

.

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Posted

What type of power supply u running? Main need more airflow in ur case

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Posted

No clue on the current power supply, he switched it out and can't remember what it was...I have 2 fans on the side, and a fan up front...I actually played css today for about an hour and the pc ran fine

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

.

.

.

.

15 seconds pass

.

.

.

.

.

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 543 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...