Electrical Question

So I'm getting my funding together and making a big ass price list of all the shit I will be ordering in the next few months.

I had a few questions about electrical. I got my prices from Irragi on the alternators and I'm going with kinetik batteries.

Which combos of alts/batteries would I need for a daily/spl/bassrace vehicle with 2 zx2500.1s and a zx850.4 so roughly 5850 watts rms.

I was thinking 2 300 amp alts with a kinetik 1400 under hood and 3 kinetik 2400s for amp backup. What say you guys?

I really need to get my plan wrapped up so I can start making orders. Also about how much 1/0 wire should I be getting my hands on. 100 ft 200ft? Estimate plz. THX!

(and as always the faster I get my shit together the faster pics/vids come!)

I honestly don't think you need that much but the more the better. I would say just one alt and 2 2400s would be good enough. But if you have the money, go for it.

Edited by slim8605

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

I honestly don't think you need that much but the more the better. I would say just one alt and 2 2400s would be good enough. But if you have the money, go for it.

shit i'm having major voltage drops running two 150 amp alts and a yellow top with about 2900 watts rms now.

x2 i don't think u need 2 300amp alts but like he said it doesn't hurt to have more

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

shit i'm having major voltage drops running two 150 amp alts and a yellow top with about 2900 watts rms now.

are kicker amps power hogs i heard they are... and if so then yes ur list seems pretty accurate

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

I ran KX2500.1 with a 200a alt and 1 2400 and I the lowest I dropped to was high 12s and my car Idles at 13.4 when its warm.

i don't know if one of my alts went out or what but if i'm beatin while idling the voltage will drop to 11 or lower. I've actually had the amp start cutting out recently while "idle bumping" so I think I need to get em checked.

My whole thing is I'd rather go overboard than under with it. Not have to worry about electrical. Get it all taken care of you know.

two 300s ain't bad but then again you won't have much idle power either. i'd go for something more like a 220 and a 300 and call it quits.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module