Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box and Port Length tuning help


jpmo

Recommended Posts

Posted

I apologize in advance I had this in sundown audio section but think I may have needed to put this hear for enclosure assistance.



Currently working on an Ported Enclosure for 2 E8's in my Jeep Wrangler JKU. I may move in the future to SA-8s but as of now the wife will hold me to the budget. So the following is what I am working with currently. I need help on making sure this will work for Cubic feet and need help on this port length. Please help.



Port have separator setting 2 chambers apart. 1.5 in width run to end of enclosure leaving 1.5 from back and leaving me with remainder on Port Extension Length I need help with this extension length to fit into the parameters of the E-8's



40W x12D x 10 H


Wall Thickness 0.75 in

Front Baffle Thickness 0.75 in

External Width (W) 40 in

External Height (H) 10 in

External Depth (D) 10 in

Internal Slot Port Width (SW) 1.5 in each

Internal Slot Port Height (SH) 8.5 in each

Internal Slot Port Depth (SD) 26 in (?) not sure guessing please help. each


Thanks for your patience and co-operation with this.

Posted

Might have to change port width to 1" would assume give me 27" of port length for 32hz tuning. Question when calculating internal volume do I have to consider the port baffles inside the enclosure if I am running to end -1" for port width making right angle with another 3/4 mdf port wall running for Extended port length?

Posted

ok this is what I got so far I plugged all into torres and got the following 19.25 box width 9 H and 12 D. My port dimensions are 7.5 H and .5 Wide 13 long puts me at 34hz this port ratio is 1:15. Is this bad? This is for 1 Sundown Audio E-8 or SA-8 . My net volume is .58 cubes. The actual box will be 40 but putting in port wall leaving it 19.25 w per enclosure space. Thanks.

Posted

ok this is what I got so far I plugged all into torres and got the following 19.25 box width 9 H and 12 D. My port dimensions are 7.5 H and .5 Wide 13 long puts me at 34hz this port ratio is 1:15. Is this bad? This is for 1 Sundown Audio E-8 or SA-8 . My net volume is .58 cubes. The actual box will be 40 but putting in port wall leaving it 19.25 w per enclosure space. Thanks.

So two problems. First off your 1:15 port aspect ratio is a no-no. Depending on who you ask, you don't want to go higher than 1:5 - 1:8 and the closer to square the better. The second problem is your don't have enough port area. Sundown recommends 8-12 sq in and you only have 3.75.

Its really tough to tune these little boxes low, with enough port area, and still be able to fit the port inside the box. Unfortunately that is just the nature of the beast. If you post a screen shot of what you have entered into Torres that could help us give you some more recommendations.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...