Kyle Morgan Posted November 25, 2014 Report Posted November 25, 2014 ive been contemplating awhile to rebuild the box for the zcon. Guess its time to. it was in a 2.5 external aeroported box. it was just lacking what I wanted out of it. Ive messed with torres a bunch of times but have never came across this. Anyone could give me a hand and tweek this a bit. trying to get a decent frequency range from the zcon. Last box was peaking way to hard no matter how i tweaked it. i would like to make a removable port so i can mess with the tuning and port area. Would kerfing change the volume or tuning? Thanks in advance.
khinds94 Posted November 26, 2014 Report Posted November 26, 2014 I really think you should reconsider doing an aeroport. It will be ten times easier to change tuning. Doing a removable slot port for a 12 like that doesn't make sense. Plus aeroports are more efficient anyway. A 6" precision port would work the best. 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
khinds94 Posted November 26, 2014 Report Posted November 26, 2014 Also try tuning lower for a flatter response. I noticed with a 32 hz tune I peaked hard at 42. With the 26 hz port it played much flatter and sounds much better 03 Sable LS AA mayhem 12" D2 Sundown ZV4 12" D1 Tantric HD 12" D2 Tantric SHD 12" D1 Sundown X12 V2 D2 2.5 cu net Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm XS Power XP2000 Sky High Sound Deadener Sky High wire Stock alt
Kyle Morgan Posted November 26, 2014 Author Report Posted November 26, 2014 How wide was your frequency range?
Kyle Morgan Posted November 26, 2014 Author Report Posted November 26, 2014 I messed with and adjusted my 2.5 aeroport box and no matter what I did I would peak super hard around 45-50. And struggled getting into 26-28hz. Just seemed like was losing to much control over the cone. It only has 12-1500 watts to it at the moment. I'm actually about to get another battery so I can cleanly run more power.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.