Sundown Audio

Flaming Sundown 1500...

Thewes

What The hell did you do...?

Ive never seen this happend to these Amps....

Well the radio shack fuses I put in the amp previously seemed to fucking CATCH on fire when they blow. I dont know, maybe I have a lawsuit here? :lol:

teamsundown-1.jpg

I aint the smartest mothafocka in the world, but that is definitely not supposed to happen...What value fuses were you running?

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

I aint the smartest mothafocka in the world, but that is definitely not supposed to happen...What value fuses were you running?

40 amp, I honestly have no idea how it happened. In the other thread where I explain the story someone had a theory that the note it hit brought it down real close to the actual impedance the amp was running at and it just drew a huge amount of current and the fuses flamed up instead of blowing. Its really amazing though, 20 minutes after they flamed I popped the gaping hole burnt fuses out and put some new ones in. Worked 100% fine and after about a week works exactly the same. Just a shame such a nice amp had to get burnt on the outside like that. Oh well. Im still going to have this sent in and clamped/etc. I want to be 100% sure it works 100% to its potential.

Here are the fuses, pretty bad pic, sorry. (fourth ones in my car somewhere)

fuseslol.jpg

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg

this is why you shouldnt run your amps at .5...

Yeah or atleast without proper electrical. Despite the fact, even if the amp is 100% fine (which I'm assuming it is from the weeks worth of testing), the amp had to be well below .5 ohms. The BL coils Ive heard are like 1.5-1.7, so that would put me at what, like .35?

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg

40 amp, I honestly have no idea how it happened. In the other thread where I explain the story someone had a theory that the note it hit brought it down real close to the actual impedance the amp was running at and it just drew a huge amount of current and the fuses flamed up instead of blowing. Its really amazing though, 20 minutes after they flamed I popped the gaping hole burnt fuses out and put some new ones in. Worked 100% fine and after about a week works exactly the same. Just a shame such a nice amp had to get burnt on the outside like that. Oh well. Im still going to have this sent in and clamped/etc. I want to be 100% sure it works 100% to its potential.

Here are the fuses, pretty bad pic, sorry. (fourth ones in my car somewhere)

fuseslol.jpg

dang son.

4 I.A. Warden 15s

8 I.A. 20.1s

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race Points Champ/Over all champ

2010 140.0-149.9 Bass Race S.C. Regional Champ

2010 FL Regional Middle Weight Champ

2010 INAC Middle Weight Bass Boxing Champ