Second Skin Audio

Sound Quality Sub Question

i know what your dealing with man. It was a huge struggle to find an amp that would do what i needed at 1.5 ohm... lol like how the hell am i supposed to do that without guessing and if i screw up, i could fry my woofers (weren't cheap). so i eventually decided to just save up and go with the jl amp. those w7s dont like too much over rated, if at all. i'm sure you'll find exactly what you need, patience is key. but its worth getting it right the first time. one thing to keep in mind is that 100-200 watts less than rated is going to be a negligible difference to your ear. it takes double power to gain 2-3 db (in a perfect world) which is when u can first notice a change in loudness, so i wouldn't sweat getting the rms spot on. I think you'll be blown away with those jbls. they are soo sexy. good luck!

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

btw i hope you listen to bassnectar, because every one of his songs slays on a good system. he brings the most out of my w7s. he brings the most out of life in general lol

Hell yeah..

Gotta love the man. On and off the stage.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

dude is a genius and a great role model. I wish he were president lol.

When i first saw this, An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space."

In your sig, i immediately thought of bassnectar.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

btw i hope you listen to bassnectar, because every one of his songs slays on a good system. he brings the most out of my w7s. he brings the most out of life in general lol

Oh ya!! Bassnectar for the win!! ;)

dude is a genius and a great role model. I wish he were president lol.

When i first saw this, An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space."

In your sig, i immediately thought of bassnectar.

That's a quote from Mr. Siegfried Linkwitz, not Bassnectar.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

FYI the MkII's sounds much cleaner running at 3ohms. Trying to go lower on the amps i had (DLS A6) got super hot and music starting becoming slightly inconsistent unless i was going 80mph on the freeway, At that point i wasn't paying much attention to the sound but for cops :nightrider: . At this point your running into having to do a Big three upgrade. instead of having to deal with that headache i realised the Subs played loud and clean enough with the subs wired at 6ohms, then subsequently 3 ohms when i got both amps hooked up seperately. This was also only on the 10' MkII. The 12' and 15' are capable of consuming about 200-400watts more :slayer: .

Archived