Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fiberglass enclosure 'tuning'


Joeydaman247

Recommended Posts

Posted

okay so the situation is I'm looking for more mid/high bass. the plan is to get two massive audio summo 6.5's and put them in separate fiberglass enclosures opposite of the kick panel on each side. the question is will the woofers behave as I want them to. (reaching their peak at around the 80-100 hz level) and will it be worth trying to make an enclosure to get those woofers to play that high or is there a better way to get that kind of high bass from your car system. I already have 2 of the summo 15's and I chose the 6.5's to keep the brands the same as well as picking a small enough cone area as to not mess up phasing in the subs. or does that not all matter. open to suggestions and all help is appreciated.

Posted

You made this same thread 3 times? Maybe give more that's 30 minutes for a response next time...

What front stage are you running that you need to fill a gap in sound(80-100 Hz)? You can do what you're thinking bit you should probably figure out how much volume you'll need to get that response from those subs.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

yeah it was my first time figuring this out. have some patience would ya. and really all I need is 85-125. I might even stretch it to 300 if thats possible. and how would you go about figuring out the volume? I'm assuming it has something to do with excursion but I've never heard of volume having an effect on frequency response?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5223 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...