Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Re xxx 12v4 box help


Sackcheese

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can any one with knowledge on the re xxx 12 help with the correct enclosure size... Both sealed and ported. re's manual said 1.7 sealed and 2.2 ported I think. But re's tec said he had one in a 1.25 sealed enclosure and it did a 145 db but mine in that size sounds like garbage lol in a 2.5 sealed it sounded great.....ANYWAY internet said 2.84 sealed and another Tec at re said "3.75" ported at 32 hz with 28 square inches of port... If any one can help me with this I'd b very grateful because I keep comming up with different answers

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Dude I feel ya. I have 2 RE Audio MX-V2 12s and finding specs for an enclosure is a PITA. Website says 2.0 cubic feet tech support says 3.75 cubic feet per sub after displacement... I built a 9.84 gross 7.51 net box with 121 Sq in of port which is right at 16 sq.in per cube. And I just the Subs are capable of more! It does sound great but only certain note/songs. On others I believe that they are unloading due to the box being to big. Meaning it somewhat sounds hollow as if they are free airing... So idk what the hell to do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3135 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...