Funny "Quality control" stories!

Just thought I'd make a fun thread about funny product fails. Do NOT mention company names however, as I have a feeling that would be an issue.

So for starters (and the reason I made this thread) through my shop supplier, I had my order of 1000 8 inch zip ties, couple hundred connectors, and 12 rolls of electrical tape come in. Reputable manufacturers for all of those.

I was a couple rolls into the pack of electrical tape, and I opened up a new one to use.... Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I put it on the floor mat of the car I was working on, made my connections, and went to tape everything up. As I was doing so (and having a conversation with the customer) I noticed the tape was starting to get sticky like I had flipped the roll upside down, so I flipped it back over...same thing.

Turns out I got a roll of double sized electrical tape.... I don't know if it was a roll that got too much heat and spread the glue on the back side or what.... But none of the other rolls have given me a problem.

Another story, was using a drill bit (11/32nds if I recall) to drill holes in metal. Everything was normal...drilling away, until it got to the end of the first hole.

Turns out the company forgot to temper the drill bit, and it completely unwound the bottom inch of the bit and it twisted back putting a kink into it.

Drill bit was from a very expensive set of Cobalt drill bits off a certain companies truck. We're talking a couple hundos expensive. Maaaan the look I got when I brought it back for warranty!

I've gotten a half full can of cola in a case. No holes, no evidence of tampering...carbonated and everything.

Post up your stories! I'm sure there's a lot of them out there! If I was allowed in the adults only section I have some good other stories haha.

Archived