Second Skin Audio

(2) Sundown SA-18 D2 Enclosure Design

EraOfDiscovery

So I've decided against getting the 15's and am going with the 18's, and that means.. NEW BOX DESIGN. Going with Sundown Audio SA-18 D2 each pair of coils ran parallel, each ran to seperate GM-D8601 amplifiers, which are rated at 800rms @1ohm. They will be going in a 03 Tahoe, so space is not an issue. EMF audio recommends 4.0-4.5 cubic feet per woofer, so looking for 8-9 cubic feet net, tuned to 32hz. Each sub has a .19 cubic foot displacement. So not including the port displacement or 45 degree corners, going to need 8.38-9.38 gross volume. The only things I need for the box is that it be tuned to 32hz, be 48" wide, subs up port back, and preferably deeper than it is tall. Thanks!

-EraOfDiscovery

-Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...

I looked at the t/s parameters and modeled it up on winisd because I was kinda skeptical about the airspace.. Even though that's the recommended, from looking at the graph it looked like it was being suffocated and lacked on low end.. Even though the program can't tell you what it's going to do in a particular vehicle, it seemed to be fairly close in my app.. From like 6-7 cu ft net looked good on it, maybe someone will chime in that runs them, but I don't see 4-4.5 net for each sub.

I looked at the t/s parameters and modeled it up on winisd because I was kinda skeptical about the airspace.. Even though that's the recommended, from looking at the graph it looked like it was being suffocated and lacked on low end.. Even though the program can't tell you what it's going to do in a particular vehicle, it seemed to be fairly close in my app.. From like 6-7 cu ft net looked good on it, maybe someone will chime in that runs them, but I don't see 4-4.5 net for each sub.

Glad you said something, I called sundown and they recommended 3.75! Don't know how to use winisd so I can't do any of these calculations. :( I can't seem to find anyone that runs these to give me a box idea so just hoping someone will give me an idea of what I should do.

-Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...

There a fairly new product, I've seen just a couple of builds on youtube. But they looked more like burp boxes to me. I could tell you how to use winisd on this post but it would be easier to look up a tutorial on youtube etc. What's the absolute total amount of space that you have to work with/give up?

• 1 year later...

Archived