Sundown Audio

The Amp Lab AMP TEST - Kicker ZX750.1 AMM-1 Non-Reactive Load Bank

RT5POINT9

(This test is done using my own variable, non-reactive, purely resistive load bank ("The Amp Lab") along with an SMD AMM-1, and an SMD DD-1 for tuning. I am using AD-1 40Hz test tracks for all tests. Power is comprised of 3 AGM 12V batteries along with a 40A power supply.

Certified tests are performed by tuning the amp with the DD-1 so that when the test track is run it will stop at the point JUST before distortion. Un-certified and Dynamic runs are performed by tuning the amp using the DD-1 for a -10Db overlap. This will run the amp past the point of distortion, but the AMM-1 will stop the test at the point of clipping.)

Kicker ZX750.1 - Rated at 750 Watts @ 2-ohm. Amp is only 2-ohm stable, but I ran this amplifier on a 1.6 ohm load for a long period of time before it finally went into thermal protect. I believe it could easily be run at 1.6 ohm daily with no issues, especially with box rise in play. It would not run at 1-ohm PERIOD. Shut off immediatly, even on dynamic tests.

i dont fall for that bs.. its rated at 2 ohms not 1.6.. kicker are solid amps.. maybe the fets on this one are worn out.. still i dont care what numbers it did if it did it on a load its not rated to. i seen the DC 5k do nearly 10k at .5 ohm dynamic..it doesn't make it a 10k amp

661... it under perform

The rating is based off of 14.4v, the test in the video is at 13.22v. I'd keep that in mind.

if you ever bought one new you would see birth sheets claiming more power. this one would be around 900 watts certified not dynamic..

are you sure the bank load is at the load it says its at? i know kicker does over rated power and this looks way off..

Archived