Jeff4661 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Ok so I am designing a box for my 8 12's According to the manufacturer specs I need 12.5+" per cube with a slot port.. Now my box I designed is 14.5 cubes before displacement. And the plan is to run 4 subs on one half and 4 subs on the other half.. with my port in the middle. Here is my question.. lets say I'm wanting a 6" wide port. Bcs there are two separate champers sharing the port would I need a 6" port into each chamber? Or do I want a 3" port into each chamber feeding into the 6" in the middle? I'm stumped.. any insight greatly appreciated Box is being designed as a wall with a port in the middle of the two chambers... Thanks guys Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
SQL50 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Here's an example, let's say you was building a slot for 4 12's in the same chamber. Let's say you need a 6 in wide port opening for example to get x amount of port area that the subs need. If your designing a enclosure with two chambers sharing the same port , double the port opening to 12 in until you get 6 in from the back wall where the port bends 90 degrees. Make sure the lengths are exactly the same, Wouldn't be a bad idea to add two 45's on the backplate centered up with the port opening.
Jeff4661 Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 Ok so if I understand you correctly my actual port I plan on making 3" wide per chamber so to keep everything equal I need a 6" section where they both "collect" out the front? And the 45 idea I was already planning on otherwise I feel my two 3" ports would "fight each other for the opening Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 Ok thanks for your help.. I'm really trying to get this whole box building science memorized so I can help other local people with there boxes... But thanks again ? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Jeff4661 Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 Ok one other quick question... My port lenghth... Do I calculate tuning off of just half of the box? And mirror it on the other side? So if I tune one side with a 3" port to 32hz then when both sides are on it would be 32hz with a middle port of 6"? And my port length for this box would start at the 6" section and go to the end of the 3" section correct? Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
SQL50 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Yep, don't forget to post pics of your build lol.
Jeff4661 Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 Yep, don't forget to post pics of your build lol. It will be part of a build log, I've been working on for 3 months... Just finnaly getting around to the box. But there will be plenty of pictures. It's all going in a 05 YUKON SLT Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.