2014 Silvy build HELP ME!!!!!!

Uncle_Kyle

ok, so I have the sub stage all figured out. 1 RE SEXV2 10 on a DC 1.2k (THIS IS NOT FOR MY TRUCK! It's a buddy's new ride) but I have no idea what to replace the stock door and dash speakers with...he doesn't want to go active because he quite simply can't afford it...what works well for replacing the stocks in a 14 Silverado? And what amp to power them? From what I hear the stock amp is wayyyyy weak! Help me out, guys!

Well scrap my comment about Focal speakers then...

I would go on Soundqubeds website, and you can buy an amp (as well as speakers) as a package. You get free sound deadener, and you get the discount as a package.

Plus the amp is made to run those speakers. It's a perfect match

I heard them in a buddies car (after posting not too long ago if anyone had experience with them) and for the money they sounded great.

He is keeping the factory head unit, it's the 8 inch Nav unit It does not have Bose, and I would say $500 for the speakers and amp Not trying to go to wild here. Used would be preferable because of the obvious reason that you get more for your money that way.

Did you factor in a good quality LOC or processor?

He is keeping the factory head unit, it's the 8 inch Nav unit It does not have Bose, and I would say $500 for the speakers and amp Not trying to go to wild here. Used would be preferable because of the obvious reason that you get more for your money that way.

No but I was meaning to ask what a good quality reasonably priced processor was. I appreciate all the help guys!

No but I was meaning to ask what a good quality reasonably priced processor was. I appreciate all the help guys!

Audiocontrol has some good ones, budget friendly too...

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/OEM-Integration.html

Thanks islandpride! I'll check it out, any specific recommendation? Also, what's a good tweeter amp? Don't want to run them off the head unit...if I even could, not sure. I'm picking him up 4 crescendo rts-1's or 4 FT1's not sure which, yet. Input on tweeters also appreciated!

Thanks islandpride! I'll check it out, any specific recommendation? Also, what's a good tweeter amp? Don't want to run them off the head unit...if I even could, not sure. I'm picking him up 4 crescendo rts-1's or 4 FT1's not sure which, yet. Input on tweeters also appreciated!

any LCi series will work...just gotta look at the chart and choose which one based on what you want it to do...also...i think 4 is too much...you should be fine with 2...and the question is...is it gonna fit in the stock dash locations...also like wolf said soundqubed has a package deal...pretty good i might say...and just use the leftover for the processor/loc...

http://www.soundqubed.com/QC-HF65-Component-Bundle_p_236.html

There is no stock location for tweeters. Was gonna flush them into the A's. And 2 is even better! Saves $100 if I would've gone with the FT1's (which I thought were overkill, but his truck his money his call, ha know?) but I'm sure he'll see more clearly when we talk tomorrow! Haha and he doesn't want the tweets run off of the head unit, wants a separate tweeter amp, and a component amp. So, there's 6 speakers total inside the truck. (2 dash, 1 in each door) from what I hear 6.5's will fit with mdf rings so we're gonna go with those. But should I just find a small 2 channel for the tweets? And what do I do with the 6 interior speakers? 1 amp or 2? I love car audio but I'm kinda noobish, and for that I apologize haha I'm more of the lift, wheels tires and lightbars install guy! Haha

Archived