Supertweeter help

MusicHead804

I'm thinking about adding some supertweeters to my car. does supertweeters require a separate crossover or do they come with a crossover ? will i have to buy new wires to run from my deck or can i just split the wire from my car door speakers?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the tweeter, some come with inline crossovers, some don't. Also, do NOT split the wire in your door. And do not use your deck, if you are adding super tweets, you should get a separate amp.

Depends on the tweeter, some come with inline crossovers, some don't. Also, do NOT split the wire in your door. And do not use your deck, if you are adding super tweets, you should get a separate amp.

Exactly :) and even if the tweeter come's with an inline crossover you need something for the midrange. BTW supertweets are very loud. For it to sound good at all you better have some good midrange to go along with it.

why not? super tweeters need less power to get loud. you can run them off the H/U if you like. i would get an inline crossover though so you wont mess with the setting that will mess up the signal to the other amps

why not? super tweeters need less power to get loud. you can run them off the H/U if you like. i would get an inline crossover though so you wont mess with the setting that will mess up the signal to the other amps

If he is running them off the deck that would mean at best he has 2 other speakers in his whole setup. Two speakers and two tweeters, in most cars, prolly would not sound that great. Maybe in like a small pickup and thats it. lol

he dont have to wire other speakers to the deck.. i have my tweeters and 4 6x8 in my car and it does not sound bad at all.. he can also run the tweeters on the same amp as other speakers he will have to separate them from channels though

i also had my door speaker in line with my super tweeters at one point and did not sound bad. tuned the amp for the mids and added a inline crossover for the teeters. if he wants to go active i wouldnt recommend it though

wiring inline with the other speakers wouldnt be different than running a component set. the only difference is you tune the amp for the mid and you let the inline crossover do the work for the tweeters.. and also wiring parallel will lower the ohm load making the amp give more power

True, I guess the way the op read, it sounded like he is only using his deck, no amp. So you could split your door speaker wire, but for what he is doing, it is prolly easier just to use components or honestly coaxials would be even easier.

my deck has built in crossovers so it helps. him on the other hand might not so might not work for him or it might

Just out of curiosity, how did you have your front stage set then? If you had your speaker and tweet (with inline xover) split off the same wire, how did the deck xover help you? If you crossed that channel over at like 3kHz for the tweet, the speaker would be also getting crossed over at 3kHz.

Archived