Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Hey guys I had a custom box made for my 2 15s and there is air escaping. I believe its coming from the hole the sub sits in. Besides just taking it to the guy who made the box is there anything i can do to fix it? Thanks guys really need help
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 1. Go to Home Depot (or equivelant) and buy some duct seal like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-Duct-Seal-Compound-Plug-DS-110/100212441 2. Roll duct seal into 1/8" - 1/4" diameter "worm" 3. Remove subs and put worms around bottom side of sub mounting flange 4. Put subs back into box and tighten the mounting bolts/screws snuggly "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Jeff4661 Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 1. Go to Home Depot (or equivelant) and buy some duct seal like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-Duct-Seal-Compound-Plug-DS-110/100212441 2. Roll duct seal into 1/8" - 1/4" diameter "worm" 3. Remove subs and put worms around bottom side of sub mounting flange 4. Put subs back into box and tighten the mounting bolts/screws snuggly X2 Did this for a friend just last week worked quite nicely Current build 05 Yukon SLT http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195350-jeffs-05-yukong-wall-build/
Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 Thanks guys I will try this and let you know
Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 @TriticumAgricolam @jef4661 I forgot to mention guys I tried Sealing it with silicone and it didn't work
Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 @TriticumAgricolam @jef4661 I forgot to mention guys I tried Sealing it with silicone and it didn't work
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Depending on how you did it, the silicone should have got the job done. I prefer duct seal over silicone since it makes the sub easier to remove and the vapors coming off the silicone as it cures can damage surrounds, but they both are very effective. If possible you might want to take a picture of your box with the sub in and out of it so we can more clearly see whats going on. I suspect you may need to take it back to the builder, but I can't say for sure w/o seeing it. As far as the builder goes, unless there is a problem with the sealing surface of the sub, there really is not excuse for it to leak. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 @Triticum Agricolam well I believe I did it basically how your telling me to put the duck seal put it right around the hole where the screw's are but I did notice when I took the sub's out that the inner part of the hole its not level and smooth but the sub's fit great I can take pics to show you but it will be tomorrow
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 7, 2015 Report Posted January 7, 2015 Sounds good, I'm in no hurry. Just post pics when you get a chance! "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Zach Langlois Posted January 7, 2015 Author Report Posted January 7, 2015 @Triticum Agricolam so should I wait to try the duck seal till you see the pics?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.