Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure help under seat w/ lift


Joel Noland

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there. I recently lifted my rear bench seat in my '12 silverado crew cab about 3.5". I had a shop build me a box, but they did terrible. They made it downfiring, but left literally no room for the sub to move at all.. So i am going to start from scratch. I have two type r 12's right now with 2 hifonics 1900w amps ( 1400 ish at 2ohms). I was thinking of making it upfiring and making something to go cover the subs so that the seats won't mess with them. I have some dimensions drawn out but i'm not sure about the porting. I was also thinking of trading the type r's for some SA z v.3's , but wasn't sure about the space needed. Let me know what you think please and thanks. The setups below show a volume of 4.07 cu ft. (without port displacement, but with driver displacement of the SA zv.3's)
I am also open to ideas about front firing, and port directions.
box_dim.jpg

box_dim_2.jpg

Posted

Unfortunately you don't have enough volume for Z v.3-12"s. The port alone is going to eat up 1.5 cubes of space, and it would be really tough to fit it in the box around the motors.

You should have enough room for Z v.3-10"s or something equivalent, though you still won't have any room to spare. I would recommend against up firing, I would either down fire with proper clearance or have them fire forward.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4682 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...