Sonic Electronix

Ac - Dc Multimeter Settings

hello,

i have read that you should use AC on the multimeter to set your gains on your amplifier. My good friend at work that is a highly quaalified electrician says that whoever told me that should be shot!, he says that you should use DC on the multimeter.

i am not sure who is right, and i would like there to be a kind of discussion on here so i can find out the facts and talk to him at work about it.

please discuss etc.

Thanks Ben

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello,

i have read that you should use AC on the multimeter to set your gains on your amplifier. My good friend at work that is a highly quaalified electrician says that whoever told me that should be shot!, he says that you should use DC on the multimeter.

i am not sure who is right, and i would like there to be a kind of discussion on here so i can find out the facts and talk to him at work about it.

please discuss etc.

Thanks Ben

if your amp is putting out DC voltage your fucked. your amps run on dc but the signal they put out is AC. when you are setting the gain put the leads on the speaker outputs of the amp. if you are testing voltage at the power terminals use dc voltage

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived