Jump to content

Super tweeter vocals still passing through crossover?


jaycob533

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a pair of skar pro audio 6.5's and super tweets. I have them running through some old Focal crossovers I had from my A165's (discontinued model).

I'm still getting voice coming through the super tweeters. The crossovers are only from a 60w rms set and I'm putting about 150w rms through them.

I'm not sure if putting more power than they were designed for would cause complications. It's just separating the frequency's right? Maybe they just need to be crossed over at a higher frequency? I took them out after a little bit of playing around with them at low volume before I damaged them. Any help is appreciated.

Posted

looks like it does.. i suggest going active so it can give you better adjustment options. the eq is not that great though. my kenwood has 13 bands per channel. its a bad ass option.. it also has front, rear, sub and center for a true 5.1 sound when i watch movies

Built-in Equalizer

Select from 10 different EQ modes to get the best sound from all your sources. (Flat/Pops/Rock/News/Jazz/Elec Dance/Hip Hop/Easy Lis/Country/Classical). If the Equalizer presets aren’t enough for your listening taste, there’s a 3-Band Parametric Equalizer you can adjust and save as a user preset for a better sound response curve. The setting – Bass, Mid and Treble- can be adjusted in the 3-Band Parametric mode.

Get a Boost in Great Sound

With Alpine, expect the premium sound your ears deserve. This head unit allows you to customize your crossover adjustments so you can control where you send high and low frequencies, so you get the best sound out of your factory or upgraded system.

Posted

what super tweeters do you have? the crossover you have might not be ideal for those tweeters.. i had mine on the correct crossover and the vocal was very loud. changing the crossover to the correct one will still have the vocals but they will sound a bit better and help not burn them down

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 830 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...