Second Skin Audio

How should I approach this project...

SLYentist

What up,

I'm about ready to start my first big build. 01 Saturn SC1. I have laid the foundation of power; dual singer alts, 4 runs of SHCA 2/0 (2 power, 2 ground), batteries will be one of the final purchases (planning on 2 Northstar 31s, and a Northstar 34 for starting, all connected in parallel). I made A-pillar pods for the Crescendo FT-1s, and I'll be running a PWX6 and a PWX8 in each door. PWXs on the C1100.4, and the FT-1s on a small Alpine power pack amp.

For subs, I'll be running two Fi SP418s on 4 Crescendo S1500.1s gain matched. I have about 85% of the equipment, and I'm ready to start building the wall/enclosure.

My question is: I have a designed enclosure measured to the maximum usable space behind the B-pillar, 12.something cubes tuned to like 34hz. I wanted to go a little lower with tuning, but the car is small to begin with. Anyway, how should I go about starting this enclosure? Should I start the box outside the car, and then put it in, or should I build the entire thing inside the car? If so, how would I fasten the box to the car? This is really one of the only questions I have. How do i keep the box from moving around once it's in the car? I'll obviously make the trim strips and use expanding foam to fill in the air on the sides of the enclosure, but i don't think that's what should be actually holding the box in.

Any tips or pointers for a first time wall-builder would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Archived