New Btl

Shibby

i can only go for a short time at FULL tilt.......like under a minute. I can go Full tilt, then back off just a pu$$y hair and it will go all day. Still PLENTY hard enough to hurt almost anyone..

full tilt on almost any system is never a good thing especially if your exceeding the manufacturer's recommendations as much as i am. Where do you plan on being when you drop 4k on a sub and just let it go for a couple hours? I cant think of a time when i would do that even at half the power....i can take the pressure but even i have a point where i cant handle it anymore and have to back off. No one in your neighborhood or even at a stereo contest wants to hear you doin that shit for hours straight......thats the reason i do my demo's then move on to the next victim or take breaks in between.

oh, ive never had a BTL coil go on me.....i broke 2 tinsels in 2 years and broke one sub in half. Coils always looked perfect.

I don't know about you Steve, but I find it hard to drive at anything even NEAR full tilt..also something else to think about is impedance rise and voltage drop after playing for long periods of time...you may start out with 4k at first, but once that coil heats up...its much less than you actually think it is.

From what I know, there are few if any changes to the new BTL soft parts....that being said power handling should stay about the same..

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

Archived