Illinois Meet

slim8605

thats too bad :(, but thanks for the date update!

I had an idea about the TL metering, in addition to the bass race/dB drag or whichever one has the 30 second constant bass music, we should do drive-by's too

thats too bad :(, but thanks for the date update!

I had an idea about the TL metering, in addition to the bass race/dB drag or whichever one has the 30 second constant bass music, we should do drive-by's too

Sure thing. We can meter however people want. :)

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

noone except me has heard of DC at my school....its sad really that they dont know any single brand except the major companies and swap meet brands.

I asked them about Fi, DD, DC, Audioque. They try to be nice to me and go

"oh yea? how many watts do they handle"

"around 2000-4000rms"

"well JL is the best because its expensive"

"does JL have the single loudest sub in the world?"

"i dont know, do they?"

"no they dont, DD does and it was 180.4db"

"oh yea? i bet my car can get 180 easily" mind you that he was beating full tilt and i could barely hear him with windows down and me right next to the car

noone except me has heard of DC at my school....its sad really that they dont know any single brand except the major companies and swap meet brands.

I asked them about Fi, DD, DC, Audioque. They try to be nice to me and go

"oh yea? how many watts do they handle"

"around 2000-4000rms"

"well JL is the best because its expensive"

"does JL have the single loudest sub in the world?"

"i dont know, do they?"

"no they dont, DD does and it was 180.4db"

"oh yea? i bet my car can get 180 easily" mind you that he was beating full tilt and i could barely hear him with windows down and me right next to the car

they just want you to buy their product.

when I was at T&K I was like can you play the 18' Memphis sub? their like pay me $5000 and i'll do it i was like wtf?

same shit with xtreme audio I told em i'd rather do it myself and they was just smart asses acting like if they dont do it for u ur gonna fuck ur shit up n blah blah blah.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Yea, buy it for 5 grand and then you cant return it. Stupidest sh*t ever if you ask me.

Have you seen those MTX Thunder Square? I mean COME ON is it any more obvious that they ripped off of Kicker (L7/S7, L5/S5).

I was at the C.C a while back and i was in the audio section, 3 guys that had to be at least 20 years old came in to check out and buy subs.

They come by me and look at the MTX Mini-hammer and one of them goes "Oh man i bet that would POUND"!. I couldn't help to chuckle a little bit, had to go to the home theater room to laugh my ass off.

So i couldn't believe this kid, while playing bass mekanik on the 6x9's that weren't blown, one of the guys buys this "Magnum 500 WATT 2 12" Subwoofers" package, 2 12's in a pre-fab box and a no-name amp, cost him $60.

He buys it along with an 8g wire pack w/ .5F cap and he had no clue what he needed RCA's for when the C.C guy was talking to him (which he wasn't even that smart either). The C.C guy said that if his H.U didn't have Pre-outs, that he could buy this $20-30 line-output to patch into one of his speakers. All while the kid is looking at the C.C guy with the funniest clueless face ever.

Total cost him $100, the box weighed about 40lb and they used those huge cart dolly's to get it into their car....

Oh and this other funny thing, they had 2 12" CVR's in a KICKER pre-fab ported box. i pushed in one of the subs and it wouldn't budge, so i punch it a little, rock solid. So i get my friend (bodybuilder btw) and he punches it as hard as he can and

it DOESNT MOVE at all while the other sub moves perfectly fine with some coil scraping.

Yea, buy it for 5 grand and then you cant return it. Stupidest sh*t ever if you ask me.

Have you seen those MTX Thunder Square? I mean COME ON is it any more obvious that they ripped off of Kicker (L7/S7, L5/S5).

I was at the C.C a while back and i was in the audio section, 3 guys that had to be at least 20 years old came into check out and buy subs.

They come by me and look at the MTX Mini-hammer and one of them goes "Oh man i bet that would POUND"!. I couldn't help to chuckle a little bit, had to go to the home theater room to get all the laughs out.

So i didn't believe this kid, while playing bass mekanik on the 6x9's that weren't blown, one of the guys buys this "Magnum 500 WATT 2 12" Subwoofers" package, 2 12's in a pre-fab box and a no-name amp, cost him $60.

He buys it along with an 8g wire pack w/ .5F cap and he had no clue what he needed RCA's for when the C.C guy was talking to him (which he wasn't even that smart either). The C.C guy said that if his H.U didn't have Pre-outs, that he could buy this $20-30 line-output to patch into one of his speakers.

Total cost him $100, the box weighed about 40lb and they used those huge cart dolly's to get it into their car....

Oh and this other funny thing, they had 2 12" CVR's in a KICKER pre-fab ported box. i pushed in one of the subs and it wouldn't budge, so i punch it a little, rock solid. So i get my friend (bodybuilder btw) and he punches it as hard as he can

it DOESNT MOVE at all while the other sub moves perfectly fine with some coil scraping ftl.

lol

when I was 1st starting out I told xtreme audio I wanted a 2000 rms amp, they give me a P600 RF amp and says itll give 2000 max dumb on my part for buying it lol I still have it to.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived