S8track16 Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, building a sub box in the trunk that surrounds a rear strut tower brace as a way to brace the box and secure it to the vehicle. I'd be working with something like this: Here is a view of the trunk. Do strut braces typically flex at all when driving a vehicle?
Jessica Posted February 3, 2015 Report Posted February 3, 2015 sounds like a good idea. Basically what i did with my wall. Used rear strut mount and the old shoulder harness holes and some angle iron. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
S8track16 Posted February 4, 2015 Author Report Posted February 4, 2015 Nice, I might have to try it out. The brace guarantees the box isn't going anywhere.
cloud77 Posted February 4, 2015 Report Posted February 4, 2015 I miss my alero trunk 2004 Grand Prix GT (2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2) 5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz MMATS HD4000.05 MMATS SQ4100 Infinity Kappa components Juice Box black cherry Duralast platinum group 34 1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding Singer 250A
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.