JeepAndBassXJ Posted February 6, 2015 Report Posted February 6, 2015 I read everywhere that when you go to set amp gains you must first set your EQ to flat or down all the way. First off, why is that? If the EQ is flat when you set gains then what happens when you readjust the EQ and need to boost some of the frequencies? Doesn't that just reintroduce distortion because the amp is getting more signal on those few boosted frequency's? Or am I just missing something? To me it would make sense to flatten the EQ with all of the bands set at half way and then cut the peaks out. Is that really what I should be doing? YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass Website: https://www.jeepandbass.com/ My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw
ZAPCO209 Posted February 7, 2015 Report Posted February 7, 2015 I never boost, only cut THE DRIVING FORCE
ZAPCO209 Posted February 7, 2015 Report Posted February 7, 2015 Set all frequencies to half on eq when setting gains, you can cut peaks after gains are set. THE DRIVING FORCE
STEvil Posted February 7, 2015 Report Posted February 7, 2015 Depends on the EQ, but usually the center position is the flat or "down" all the way point (no boost). IF you prefer having a boosted point on your EQ then yes, you should set that before setting your gain. MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
JeepAndBassXJ Posted February 9, 2015 Author Report Posted February 9, 2015 Set all frequencies to half on eq when setting gains, you can cut peaks after gains are set. I will give this a try. That was what I was thinking would work best. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass Website: https://www.jeepandbass.com/ My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.